Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Communication Idol

The person I think demonstrates effective communication is my supervisor. I feel that she is an effective communicator because she is always keeping us informed of what is going on, she makes herself available questions, is open suggestions, and gives great constructive criticism during evaluations (never once has her suggestions for improvement, made me feel like I am a bad teacher, unlike my previous supervisor). Also, she does not make assumptions, and makes sure she has all the facts first before talking to someone. She knows there are two sides to every story. I would definitely model some of my own communication behaviors after her because she has developed great, trusting relationships among her staff, and people are respectful of her. Two things I would like to do better.  

2 comments:

  1. Abby,

    You have a great supervisor. All supervisors are not great communicators like yours. I think it's very important how everyone communicate with one another. You mentioned your supervisor does not make you feel like a bad teacher when she suggest improvements. That is great communication. Your supervisor knows what to say and how to say it. I think great communication in the workplace keeps the moral up among staff and they are willing to go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,

    I discussed my director/supervisor in my blog post as well. It sounds as if you have an excellent supervisor as well. She makes our program enjoyable. It is so important that we know what is going on and my director always keep us informed. She sounds like a great person to model communication after. It is great when supervisors at least listen to your side of situations. I love my director as well. Thanks for sharing.

    Ashley Baldwin

    ReplyDelete