Saturday, March 26, 2016

National and Federal Level Community of Practice

The first national organization I found that appeals to me is the Human Rights Campaign. Since I am focusing on teaching children about how to accept people who are LGBT, this organization could provide some valuable information. This organization represents the LGBT organization and to ensure that their rights are being met (Human Rights Campaign, 2016). It gives a lot of information about some of the basic rights LGBT people are denied, the struggles they go through, and success story. I feel this organization could offer a great insight on some of the struggles LGBT people go through to help show why my project is needed.

Another federal organization that I found interesting is the National LGBTQ Task Force. Just like the Human Rights Campaign, it is another organization that helps fight for the rights if the LGBT population. It the oldest advocacy group for the LGBT (National LGBTQ Task Force, 2016). This organization can also help people in my community of practice see the struggles the LGBT have been going through for decades, and the importance of needing to teach our children about accepting others.

The final organization that I am interested in is the National Association of Education for Young Children. The NAEYC is an organization that ensures that our young children are receiving high-quality education (NAEYC, 2016). This organization interests me because it wants to make sure our children are receiving the best possible education and being prepared for the future (NAEYC, 2016).

I am still not looking for a new job, as I am currently still enjoying what I am doing, but if had to choose a job, I think working for the NAEYC would be a great group to work for. I think ti would be neat to adovcate for young children and feel successful when victories happen regarding early childhood education. In order to be prepared for a job at NAEYC, I will definitely need to start teaching early childhood education first, and interact with young children more. I would also need to work on my communication and research skills in order to prepare for a job with this organization.

References:
Human Rights Campaign. (2016). HRC Story. Retreived from http://www.hrc.org/hrc-story

NAEYC. (2016). About NAEYC. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/content/about-naeyc

National LGBTQ Task Force. (2016). Mission and History. Retrieved from http://www.thetaskforce.org/about/mission-history.html

No comments:

Post a Comment