Friday, October 16, 2015

Start Seeing Diversity



Image result for princess and the frog

Thinking about everything I have learned through the media segments throughout this class, the collage I have created above looked at all the issues we talked about throughout this course and that were addressed in media segments. This collage shows that throughout this class, I have learned to be accepting of everyone even if I have bias against them, such as homosexuality. It also shows what I have learned as well. I have learned that trauma can be very impacting to a child, and can be a lasting effect. I feel in order to really have an anti-bias classroom, I need to get rid of my personal biases, help children through traumatic experiences, and promote diversity in order to help children develop an anti-bias mindset.

1 comment:

  1. I like your collage, especially the venn diagram of equity and the little boy in the pink dress. I don't know if you can ever really get rid of biases. I think that as long as you recognise them and don't act on them in a negative way you will promote anti-bias education. My first internal reaction to any of my personal biases will stay the same. I will just learn not to show that reaction and to act in an anti-bias manner.

    ReplyDelete