Saturday, January 10, 2015

Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

Part 1
So far, I have sent quite a few emails with many of them coming back saying the email couldn't be delivered. I have contacted Australia UNICEF and have sent an email to Blesida Rios who works at the Center for Early Childhood Care and Development in Philippines. I am still waiting to hear back from this people and organizations.

Part 2
I chose to look at Save the Children website (savethechildren.org). This organization was created to help raise money to help children that are dealing crisis. The money will give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn, and protection form harm.  So far the organization has reached for 143 million children worldwide, and that number continues to grow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble contacting people. Hopefully they will be in touch by next week. I almost chose the same website to research as you. I think the website serves a good purpose. It is nice to know that there are some reliable websites out there that will help children in need. It's amazing that the organization has reached 143 million children worldwide. I'm sure its just the tip of the iceberg and there are a lot more children in need, but it's a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am still waiting on responses back from the people that I contacted. Hopefully they will get back with me soon, and hopefully your contacts will be in touch with you. I loved that website that you chose. I think it is so wonderful to see people helping those in need. I went a different road and chose a site that will give me an insight into a country that I hopefully will get to move to in a few years. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting to hear from my contacts as well. I commented on two of the post on UNICEF in hope that they will add me to their contact list. I thought this would be easy, but it is turning out harder than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your responses to your emails. I guess I was fortunate to get such a quick response. I am looking forward to learning from an early childhood professional from another country. This is something that I would have never thought of doing on my own.

    ReplyDelete